Thursday, September 30, 2010

Bulkhead Side Assemblies, Caps and Rollers

This morning I installed the bulkhead side assemblies to the floors.  I also primed and installed the bulkhead caps.   
After installing the caps I installed the wing spar rollers.  I used the torque wrench to set the torque on the bolts holding the rollers in place.  I also torqued the bolts on the wear plates and the flaperon mixer assembly.  
After the bolts were set to the proper torque I put torque seal on the heads of the bolts to ensure they don't move.

I gathered the parts and pieces for the next section of work.  I deburred the edges and holes in the control column brackets.  I used the countersink to prep the holes around the bearings and to attach the nutplates.  I then primed the parts.
The brackets are now ready for assembly.