Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Floor Support Angles and Corrections

 Today I separated the floor support angles then deburred and primed them in preparation to installing them to the floors. 
As I was preparing to attach the floors to the ribs I discovered a problem.  When I attached the pulley bracket assembly and the flaperon mixer assemble to the floor ribs, I used the wrong ribs.  I was supposed to use the floor ribs WITH the nutplates installed, but I suppose I didn't read the directions clearly enough.  I used ribs WITHOUT the nutplates installed.  Now, in reviewing the directions I discovered the ribs with nutplates need to be riveted to the floors. However, I can't install rivets where there are nutplates.   
I will need to drill out the rivets holding the nutplates to the ribs and reinstall the nutplates to the correct ribs.  I will install the nutplates on the correct ribs and drill the holes to #19 as required.  I have purchased some 1/8" aluminum back-up washers to use when I rivet the floors to the ribs where some of the holes have been drilled to #19.