Monday, September 20, 2010

Aft Baggage Area Ribs and Bulkhead


I prepped the rear spar retainer by buffing the edges with the 6" Scotch Brite wheel.  I then clamped the retainers in the vise and used a 1" Scotch Brite wheel on the angle grinder to buff the inside edge.  I then prepped the flat surfaces for primer.  I also prepped the rear bulkhead and the retainer holders and primed them.  I then riveted the retainer assemblies on the rear bulkhead.
I clamped the reI dimpled the top flange of the rear bulkhead and riveted the nutplates in place.   I then clecoed the rear bulkhead in place on the baggage area ribs under the baggage area floor.ar baggage area ribs to the work bench in preparation to dimpling them and riveting the required nutplates in place.
The next step will be to dimple the ribs and rivet the nutplates.  I will then remove the blue film and cleco the ribs in place under the baggage area floor and rivet them to the rear bulkhead.