Monday, April 1, 2013

Started SB 12-11-09 – Landing Gear Attachment Mod

I started the SB 12-11-09 mod this afternoon.  I started my reconfiguring the airplane in the garage.  I moved it into Arlene's parking space.  She will park outside until I am finished with the mod.  I removed the rear baggage area upholstery and the cockpit seats.  I removed the ELT antennae bracket and removed the ELT from its mount.  
I removed the fuel tank.  I am planning to make the fuel tank sump mod before I reinstall the tank.  I will not install the mod until after the airplane is certified.  I removed the cushioned clamps at the outboard ends of the flexible conduit running the mid channel. 
I had Arlene help me put saw horses under the fuselage.  These are metal saw horses and are capable of supporting the weight of the fuselage and the engine.  I put a saw horse under the front support rib and lowered the nose.  I had to put a block under the nose wheel to level the airplane.
I put a second saw horse under the tail for added stability.  I am now ready to start removing the gear.