Thursday, April 18, 2013

Install Wear Plates and Left Main Gear Leg

This afternoon I put a coat of primer on the exposed surfaces of the outboard hold down bracket chamfered edges and the wear plates and doubler plates. 
Next I installed the outboard doubler and wear plates.  I used 2-AN5 bolts as alignment pins and installed the plates with the flat head #10 machine screws with nuts and washers.  I then slipped the gear leg in place and installed the outboard hold down bracket.  I aligned the gear leg and installed the inboard doubler and wear plates and dropped the bolts through the holes.
I sequentially tightened the bolts until they were all snug and then used the torque wrench to tighten them.  I need to purchase an 8" - 3/8" drive extension before I can torque the AN6 nut at the inboard hold down bracket.  After the center AN6 nut and bolt have been tightened I will reinstall the brake line and the left gear main reinstall will be complete.