Friday, April 19, 2013

Finish Installation of Landing Gear and Fuel Tank

This morning I purchased an extension for the 3/8" ratchet.  This afternoon I was able to torque the AN6 center bolt on the inboard attachment of the left main gear leg.  I then attached the brake line.  I proceeded to install the component for the right main gear leg.  I installed the outboard doubler and wear plates.  
I slipped the gear leg in place and loosely installed the outboard hold down bracket.  I then installed the inboard doubler and wear plates.  I installed the bolts and attached the inboard hold down bracket.  I then tightened all of the bolts sequentially until all bolts were seated properly.  I then torqued all of the bolts to the proper torque per the SB instructions.
I reinstalled the flexible duct in the mid channel by reattaching the cushioned clamps.  I also reinstalled the fuel tank.  I also reinstalled the ELT and the ELT antenna bracket.
The airplane is now sitting back on its own legs.