Monday, July 11, 2011

Remove Torque Tubes and Torque Arms

 
This evening I removed the seats and repacked them in the original shipping box.  I also removed the co-pilot seat back.  I will remove the pilot seat back when I pull the fuselage out to work on it.  I then started to remove the torque tubes and torque arms.  I removed the bolts, nuts and washers from the right side assembly and pulled the parts out of the fuselage.  I clecoed them together and match drilled the #30 holes in the other side of the torque tube brackets.  I continued to remove the bolt holding the left side torque arm pushrod.  I need to pull the fuselage out so I can get to the bolt holding the left side torque arm at the fuselage bearing.
 
The crazy thing is I will have to put all of these bolts, nuts and washers back in place after drilling the torque tubes and torque arms.