Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Started Wiring Harness

 
The first thing I did was cut the wiring duct to 36".  I used a hole saw to cut a small hole in the bottom of the duct.  I installed 3-strings in the duct.  One goes all of the way through from end to end.  One goes from the center hole to the right end and one goes from the center hole to the left end.  Using the cushioned clamps called out in the drawings I attached the plastic duct to the center section channel.  I installed another clamp on the fuel flow transducer which is located in the forward tunnel.  I routed the SL-ANT and TX-ANT cables through the front bushings in the instrument shelf.  I had to remove the snap bushing and run the cables and fittings through the hole.  I then used a small saw to split the bushing and reinstalled it over the cables.  I inserted the tunnel harness through the snap bushing and taped the end to the instrument shelf.
 
I ran the phone cable through the right side of the wiring conduit and taped the end to the fuselage floor.  I also installed the CPU fans on the instrument shelf and attached the ground wires with the screws holding the fans in place.
I continued to run the harness wiring through a cushioned clamp on the instrument shelf and on the fuel flow transducer and through the bulk head bushings.  There are a lot of wires to contend with.
I put spade connectors on the ends of the wires for the fuel transducer and connected them together.  There are still a lot of wires that need to be run and connected to various systems in the fuselage.  This is going to be a time consuming part of the build.