Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Prime and Mask Interior Surfaces

 
 
This evening the weather was a little better than it has been for the last week and I decided to do some priming.  I used a Scotch Brite pad and prepped the raw surfaces.  I masked off the instrument panel corners and the exterior surfaces of the fuselage to avoid overspray.  I then spot primed the areas of the cockpit interior that will not be covered by the trim package.  
Much of the interior will be covered by the side panels or carpet.  The rear bulkhead has a vinyl covered piece that fits nicely inside the upper section of the bulkhead.  There are carpeted panels on the lower rear bulk head and the left side of the fuselage.  The floor carpet in the baggage area extends over the top of the fuel tank.  The tank pretty much covers the right side of the fuselage in the baggage area.
The seat hinges will be exposed so I am planning to paint them.  I also prepped and primed the interior of the turtle-deck skins and the seat backs.  When the weather moderates a bit I will begin spraying the finish on the interior surfaces.