Monday, April 18, 2011

Assembled Terminal Block

 
This evening I assembled the terminal blocks.  They are installed on the sides of the fuselage at the wing roots.  The terminal blocks make the electrical connections to the wing wiring for the lights and the stall warning device.  First I prepped and primed the aluminum attachment plates.  I then cut and drilled the plastic blocks and separated the terminal clips.  I riveted the connection clips to the plastic blocks and the riveted the blocks to the attachment plates.  
 
I temporarily installed the terminal blocks on the sides of the fuselage.  They will be removed later in the build.  I also installed a snap bushing in the center of the cross channel.
 
I prepped and installed a 1" rubber grommet in the firewall.  I am ready to start installing the wiring harnesses.  Oh yeah, I also hung the painted seat backs on the wall in the garage to get them out of the way.