Thursday, April 21, 2011

Continued Wiring and Spar Pin Alignment


 
I worked on the right side spar pin and reed switch.  I went through the same steps and procedures on the right side as I did on the left.  After a lot of nudging and pushing and pulling I finally got the reed switches to work on both sides.  Next I began running the optional wiring harness.  I taped the end of the harness to the instrument shelf and began running the wires through the grommets and cushioned clamps.
 
It looks like a wildly colored bunch of spaghetti.  I pulled the wires for the cockpit eyeball light through the wire conduit and then through the tunnel to the instrument shelf.
 
It was pretty cold working in the garage so I pulled the optional harness wires into the seat and control area and quite for the night.