Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Stall Warning Vane and Terminal Brackets

I assembled the stall warning micro-switch and vane. It was fairly straight forward and simple to fabricate. I deburred the edges and holes of the mounting and retainer plates. I used the countersink on the different sized holes on the mounting plate. I primed the two plates and assembled the parts.  I fabricated the ground wire with the called out end connections.
I installed the stall warning device on the appropriate wing rib on the left wing, then checked to make sure it cleared the wing skin and deflected properly.  All seems to be in order.  Next I removed the tabs and deburred the terminal brackets. 
I primed the brackets and prepared them for the final assembly with the terminal blocks.  I used the template to mark and cut the terminal blocks to the correct size and shape.  I then clamped the template to the blocks and #40 drilled the holes.  I then final drilled the #30 and #19 holes as needed.  I then assemble the brackets as instructed and set them aside until they are needed.