Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Deburr Main Ribs

Today I deburred the main ribs. I used the deburring tool to dress the edges of the flanges. By drawing the tool along the edge of the flange the burr is removed. I performed this procedure on all of the left and right main ribs.
 During the process I discovered on the right ribs that there were several of the edges that had some imperfections that prevented the deburring tool from going over the flanges smoothly.  I used a small file to remove these imperfections.  It was then easy to deburr the flanges.

Now that the flanges have been deburred, the next step will be to polish  the edges of the flanges and the lightening holes with a 1" Scotch Brite wheel.
 This afternoon I returned to the shop and used the Scotch Brite wheel to polish the edges of the flanges and the lightening holes.  After the edges were polished I used the fluting pliers to straighten all of the ribs.  I am now ready for the next step.