Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Left Wing Assembly

I started to assemble the left wing. I started by riveting the doublers to the ribs and drilling the hinge brackets.
 I removed the clecoes from drilling the hinge brackets and deburred the holes.  I also discovered I had marked the ribs with an 'L' and an 'R' incorrectly so I changed them.  I set the brackets aside until needed at a future time.
I then began attaching the main ribs to the left main spar.

After I had the ribs clecoed to the spar I began to install the rivets.  

I attached the rear spar to the ends of the main ribs and match drilled the holes in the most inboard rib.  I took it apart and deburred the newly drilled holes.

I had to use the close proximity tool I made to install the rivets next to the hinge bracket.  I also used this tool to rivet the ribs to the main spar.

After the rear spar was riveted in place I laid the wing assembly flat and began to install the nose ribs.


I clecoed all of the ribs in place, then attached the front stub spar.

I finished riveting all of the nose ribs and the front stub spar in place.  I am now ready to begin working on the right wing.