Thursday, July 29, 2010

Landing Light Mount and Hatch Cover


Today I separated the parts for the landing light mount that will be installed inside of the right wing.  I dimpled the eight holes at the top and bottom edge of the landing light opening in the right lower outboard wing skin.
I used the microstop countersink and prepped the mounting plate doublers for the flat head rivets.  I then primed the parts and clecoed them together.

They are now ready to be riveted.  I then dimpled the edge of the access hatch opening in the bottom of the left wing.  I also dimpled the nutplates to be riveted to the wing skin and dimpled the holes along the edge of the hatch cover.
I then clecoed the nutplates to the edge of the wing hatch opening.  I then cut the holes for the nav/stobe light installation in the lower wing tip coverings.