Friday, April 25, 2014

AREOLEDs

Today I went to the hangar to see if Dave had picked up any of the parts to start painting.  I was there about 2:00 pm.  Everything was still there.  I looked at the AREOLEDs Nav/Strobe lights.  The O Ring gasket on the left (red) light fixture is broken.  
I took a picture.  I called the support line in Boise, ID and spoke to a technician.  I told him the O Ring was broken and asked how I could go about buying new rings from them.  He told me they have not included the O Rings with the light fixtures for a long time.  He asked when I had purchased the fixtures.  I got them from Vans more than 2-years ago.  He said they are not needed and to reinstall the fixtures without the O Rings.  It thanked him for his help. I guess I don't need the O Rings afterall.