Thursday, March 27, 2014

Instrument Panel Placards and Labels

Today I went to Sign*A*Rama and ordered the N Numbers for the tail.  The registration number (N Number) is N419AJ.  The sign company is going to make 2-sets of the registration number so I can put them on both sides of the vertical stab.  These will be temporary for the inspection/certification.  I will have them make the permanent numbers in a maroon color after I pick the paint color at the painter's.  I also went by the Trophy Case and ordered a plastic name badge with the registration number engraved to mount on the instrument panel.  This will be a 1"x3" black plastic badge without the back so I can attach it to the panel above the SkyView display.  When I got to the hangar I began installing the placards and labels on the instrument panel.  I put the black, red and silver RV-12 placard on the upper portion of the center panel.  I think it looks pretty good there.  I also installed the other labels on the throttle, cabin heat knob, auto pilot disconnect switch, choke, etc.