Monday, March 18, 2013

Torqued Engine Mounting Bolts and Worked on Rectifier

 Today I went to Harbor Freight today and purchased some Crow's foot wrenches.  I was unable to torque the upper engine mount bolts because I was not able to get my  torque wrench in the space to make it work.   I used the formula to calculate the torque settings and proceeded to torque the upper bolts.  
When Arlene got home from work I had her sit in the cockpit.  Using a ratchet with an extension she was able to hold the heads of the lower bolts so I could torque them. 
After torquing the bolts I inserted the cotter pins and bent them into place.
I then began working the installation of the cooling shroud on the rectifier.  I deburred the edges of the shroud after removing the blue vinyl film.  I filled the corners and seams with gray RTV and allowed it to cure.  I removed the rectifier from the engine shelf and match drilled the fins to the holes in the shroud.
I riveted the shroud onto the rectifier and reinstalled the rectifier onto the engine shelf.  In the process of removing the rectifier I had to remove the fuel pressure sensor from the firewall.  I replaced it after reinstalling the rectifier.