Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Miscellaneous Wiring and Fuel Drain

This afternoon I worked on different wiring sections.  I installed the ignition wiring harness to the A1 and B1 electrical connectors.  I removed the metal clamp from the Ignition Module A and inserted the exposed shielding of the harness and reinstalled the clamp.  I routed the harness to the rear of the engine and cable tied it in place.  I inserted the wires from the main wiring bundle through the firewall into the female connector and then put the connectors together.  I  also located the ‘forked’ purple wire from the main bundle and routed it back to the Ignition Module.  I removed the A2 and B2 connectors from the metal bracket, removed the seal plugs and inserted the wires into the connectors.  I then reassemble the connectors and reattached them to the metal bracket.  I cable tied the purple wire to the pitot tube.
I located the Oil Pressure wires (red, white/yellow) in the main bundle and crimped on the appropriate spade terminals.  I routed the gray Oil Pressure cable to the rear of the engine and up to the engine shelf.   I cut it to length and attached the appropriate spade terminals and connected them to the red & white/yellow wire spade terminals.  I ran the purple/blue right CHT (cylinder head temperature) wire down to the bottom of the engine, crimped on the terminal and attached it to the  CHT terminal post.  I also ran the purple/yellow left CHT wire and the white/brown Oil Temperature wire down to the bottom of the engine and crimped on the terminals and attached them to the appropriate terminal posts.
I ran the Generator to Rectifier cable to the engine shelf and attached the ends to the Rectifier terminal block.  I also ran the Tachometer cable to the engine shelf and made the necessary attachment to the wires from the main bundle.  I put cable ties on all of the wires to secure them in place.   I attached the ground wire and the starter power cable to the starter.
I cut the rubber hose to make the manifold pressure tubing and installed it from the nipple on the compensating tube assembly to the nipple on the manifold pressure sensor.  I also cut the rubber hose to make the fuel pump drain line.  I straightened the ¼” aluminum tubing and fabricated the drain tube.  I installed the drain line, both rubber and aluminum tubing and installed the pipe clamps, cushioned clamps and cable ties to hold it in place.