Thursday, March 14, 2013

Install Intake Manifolds and Prep Drip Pans

It was good to get back to work after a long, bitter cold and complicated winter.  I cleaned and swept the garage and pulled the engine building cart out.  I uncovered the engine and found everything to be in great shape.  Just as I left it in January.
I bolted the intake manifolds in place.  I checked to make sure the O rings were properly seated and installed the bolts.  I torqued them to the proper inch pounds. I tightened the spark plugs and installed the leads.  
I reinstalled the ignition module and tightened the bolt and nut.
Next I located the drip pans.  I removed the blue vinyl film and deburred the edges.  I used the countersink tool to prep the holes for the rivets.  After installing the rivets at the corners I mixed some Pre Seal and filled the corners and sealed the seams.