Thursday, February 16, 2012

Finished Redoing Air Tubing

 
Last night and this evening I finished installing the Static Air, Pitot Air and AOA tubing.  I cut to length and labeled the AOA and Static Air tubing.  
 
 I ordered and received a ¼" tubing coupling from McMaster-Carr.  I cut the original Static Air line at the rear auto pilot servo location and installed the coupling.  I cut a length of ¼" tubing and inserted it into the other side of the coupling.  I ran the tubing through the wire ties on F-1208 and up to the ADAHRS location.  I cut the tubing to length and labeled it Pitot Air.  This should take care of the Skyview required air tubing modifications in the tailcone.  After I receive the Avionics Kit I will have to modify the forward end of the ¼" tubing at the instrument shelf so it becomes the Pitot Air supply.  I will also install the fittings on the Static Air and Pitot Air tubing in the tailcone.