Thursday, November 24, 2011

Finish Tank and Fuel Cap

This evening I unmasked the tank.  I did seal the top filler on the tank with blue tape to make sure nothing gets into it.
 
I also drilled the vents in the fuel cap.  Per in instructions in the plans I disabled the fuel cap and drilled the top of the cap.  From the many threads I have read on the RV-12 Forum concerning the Dynon 180 indicating a high fuel pressure reading I decided to do what many others have done.  Of course this is assuming the software in the Dynon Skyview will be similar to the 180.  Instead of waiting for the problem to manifest itself I have taken action right off the bat.  Instead of drilling a single vent hole in the fuel cap I drilled 3-holes.  I also drilled 3-holes on the inside of the cap.  I reassembled the cap and checked its function.  It appears to be working just fine.  I can always fill 1-or-2 of the holes with Pro-Seal if there is too much venting.