Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Fuel Tank Lid

It has been quite a while since I have worked on the airplane.  We have been out of town and I have had too many things going on in the evenings.  In addition the weather has turned cold really quickly and it has not been conducive to working in the garage.  The last time I worked on the fuel tank with Pro-Seal I worked in the shop.

 
This evening I pulled the blue vinyl film from the tank lid.  I pulled the work table with the fuselage into the center of the garage so I could get to the right side.  I clecoed the lid to the tank and placed the tank inside of the fuselage in the baggage area.  I need to remove the rubber hose I connected to the supply and return lines under the tank so I can set it in place.  I attempted to take some photos but the camera was not working correctly.  It would not focus.  I had to leave to pick-up Arlene so we could go and visit our grandson Tim.  I took these photos after we got back and I adjusted the settings on the camera.