Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Right Wing Tip

I clecoed the right wing tip fore and aft panels in place to make certain they fit properly. I removed the panels and removed the blue film. I deburred the edges of both panels and then riveted them in place on the wing tip.
I clecoed the fore and aft tip ribs in place. I fluted the forward rib so it followed the curve of the upper wing skin. I then clecoed them and riveted them in place. I then turned the wing over so I can work on the bottom of the wing tip.

I used one of our work benches to lay out the bottom close out skin tab angles.  I used business card to cut the various reference angles and fabricated a bending tool as shown on the drawings.  I then proceeded to bend the tabs to the appropriate angles using the reference cards to make certain the angles were correct.  It all went very well.

I clecoed the bottom closeout skin to the wing top.  All of the holes lined up just right and the skin fit like it was supposed to.  I am now ready to rivet the close out skin in place along with the trailing edge close out piece.