Friday, December 5, 2014

Tach and Transponder

This morning I went to Standard Electronics in Salt Lake City and purchased a 30K Ohm resistor.  I went to the airport and installed the resistor in the tach input line from the Rotax.  It took about 30 minutes to remove the top cowling, install the resistor and replace the top cowling over the engine.  I loaded my 5-gallon gas cans and purchased 10 gals of fuel.  I fueled the airplane then went up flying to check out the transponder and the tach.  I stayed in the pattern and made 4 touch-and-goes and one full stop landing.  The transponder switches between GND and ALT just like it is supposed to.  I also get a traffic warning on the PFD and targets with vector arrows are displayed on the moving map.  This is very cool.  The tach is no longer jumpy.  It is rock solid when the RPMs are above 4800.  It has been a good day.