Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Short Day at The Hangar

This afternoon I only had a short time to be at the hangar.  I brought out a leaf blower and blew the dust and cottonwood fiber and weed stuff out of the hangar.  It was suggested I use a leaf blower by my neighbor next door.  It seemed to work pretty well.  After that I organized a few things and installed the screws on the front of the cowling.  I also realized I didn’t bend the ‘knuckles’ (the left and right hinge pins) quite right.  If I had shortened the pins and bent them right at the hold down tab the cut outs in the upper cowling would be much smaller (shorter).  Oh well, live and learn.  Maybe I could buy a new top cowling and do it over.  No way!  I also held the spinner up to the propeller mounting plate.  The cowling seems to be off center by about 1/8”.  I’ll see if I can find a solution to that problem next.