Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Turtle Deck Skin and Fuel Tank

Progress on the 12 has slowed even more.  Our son and his little family are staying with us for 6-weeks while he is doing a medical rotation at the VA Hospital Podiatry Clinic.  There is lots to do with them so I have had little time to work on the airplane.  This afternoon I removed the turtle deck and cleaned the squeezed out Proseal from around the filler neck.  I set up to repaint the filler tube, neck and inside skin.  I also removed the fuel tank and installed the modified floor and bulkhead covers.  With the tank out and the airplane once again on it's side I replaced the ADAHRS AOA fitting.  This time it is not cross threaded.
After applying a new coat of finish on the inside surfaces I reinstalled the fuel tank and righted the fuselage.    I am nearly ready to start the installation of the landing gear.