Friday, June 8, 2012

Call to Dynon Support

I placed a call to the Dynon Support Team.  The fellow I talked with was very kind and understanding.  I am glad that he was willing to help me and not laugh at me.  After I told him what I did and what happened with the system he had a simple question.  He asked, "did you configure the hardware?"  I said, "all I did was power the system."  He told me to turn to page 4-8 of the installation manual and follow the procedures outline there.  He added, "after you have configured the system if you still have a problem call us back."  I powered-up the system and proceeded to follow the instructions to configure the system.  After detecting the devices it showed that the firmware was not up to date.  I updated the firmware and viola, the system came on.  
re-installed the ADAHRS in the tailcone.  I will reinstall the fuel tank and seal the filler tube to the turtle deck.