Tuesday, January 31, 2012

POH Tray and Map Holder

I ordered the optional POH Tray/Map Holder kit from Vans.  The POH Tray mounts under the right side of the instrument panel, below the map box.    The Map Holder mounts on top of the tunnel cover in front of the fuel shut-off valve handle.
 
When the kit arrived I inventoried the parts and the drawings.  I scanned the drawings into a PDF and installed them with the other drawings on my computer and Ipad.
This evening I separated the parts and removed the blue vinyl film.  I prepped the parts for finishing.  I applied a coat of primer to the POH Tray.  I am going to paint the POH Tray to match the cockpit interior.  I am going to wrap the Map Holder with the carbon fiber vinyl I purchased for the instrument panel.  I think that will make it look pretty cool.  Yesterday I ordered 100 6-32x½" pan head black oxide screws to install the instrument panel.  I think the black screws on the carbon fiber wrap will look much better than SS screws.