Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Drill Canopy Bubble and Skirts

 
 
 
This evening I worked on the canopy bubble again.  I removed about 1/8" from the lower right side of the canopy bubble.  I also worked on the forward corners and made them look better.  I then used yellow Duck tape to hold the canopy bubble in place. 
 
After some fitting and adjusting I removed the bubble and marked the masking tape on the forward bow and then drilled the holes across the bow, removed the tape and deburred the holes.  I then put the bubble back on the canopy frame and taped it down tight.  Starting at the center on the forward bow and the aft frame I drilled and clecoed a hole on each side, working out to the edges.
 
I continued working from the center to the outside lower edges until I had all of the holes in the forward bow and aft frame drilled and clecoed.
 
Next I tapped the canopy skirts in place on each side of the fuselage and drilled and clecoed them in place.