Friday, November 21, 2014

Reinstalled Control Module

Today I reinstalled the control module (AV5000) and reinstalled the upper fuselage skin.  I pulled the airplane out onto the apron.  I went into the menu on the SL-40 and adjusted the value of the sidetone to 100.  It was originally at 0.  The highest value to which it can be set is 255.  There was no change to the whine in the headset.  At 4:00 pm Arlene and I went up flying for almost an hour.  It was a good time.  We flew over Sandy and Draper, over the Sun Crest area and into Utah Valley.  We went out over Utah Lake then turned and came back to the Salt Lake Valley.  I turned on the auto-pilot to see how it functions with the newly installed AP presets from Vans.  I am going to need to spend some time in the air “re-tuning” the AP.  It is pretty twitchy in the turns and it wanders a bit on the altitude hold.  Otherwise we had a great time.  This is the first time Arlene has flown with me since the time she went up following the 5 hour flyoff.