Friday, September 26, 2014

Short Flight On A Windy Day


I was able to go up for a short flight this morning.  My schedule for the last few days has made it impossible to go out to the airport.  Today I have the time but the winds are starting to pick-up in front of a coming storm.  I dropped Tim (my grandson) off at work and headed to the airport.  It was about 8:30 am when I got into the air.  I was afraid the wind was going to start increasing so I stayed in the pattern.  I flew for nearly an hour working on take-offs and landings.  Upwind from runway 16 is a corn maze the farmer does each year.  Today I extended my upwind and took a picture. The kids in the area really like to go there in the evenings.  They come from all around the valley. 
After doing 6 touch and goes I put the airplane back in the hangar.  I went down to the local gas station and purchased some gas, returned to the hangar and fueled the airplane.  I am ready to go up again when the weather permits.