Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Did 6-Touch-and-Goes

I went out to the airport early this morning.  I pulled the airplane out onto the apron and did a pre-flight.  Everything was in order.  I got in, started the engine and allowed the oil temperature to come up.  The oil pressure was fine, the servos connected and all was good.  After the oil temperature was up I taxied out to the run-up area for runway 16.  There was a helicopter doing closed pattern work and mine was the only other aircraft entering the pattern.  I took off and it was wonderful to be in the air again.  Because of time restraints I could only do some touch-and-goes.   There was a slight cross wind.  The wind was 220 at 6.  After the touch-and-goes I taxied back to the hangar and put the airplane away.
I have only 6 –gallons of gas in the tank so I loaded up my fuel cans.  I will buy some fuel on my next trip out.