Friday, June 6, 2014

Return N419AJ to South Valley Regional

This morning Arlene drove me to the Tooele airport.  We prepped the airplane for a short flight.  We went through the pre-flight together and I helped her climb in.  We went through the pre-start check list and then started the engine.  After warming the oil we taxied to the run-up area at the end of runway 35.  We completed the run-up and pre-flight portion of the check list, closed the canopy and took the runway.  After an uneventful take-off roll we were air-born.  We didn’t have a lot of time so we just flew around the area for 30 minutes and landed. 

I helped her get out of the airplane and took her picture.  I think she also has an RV grin.  Arlene drove the car to South Valley Regional (U42) and I flew the airplane.  I got there before she did of course.  I opened the hangar and rolled the airplane inside.  It looks like it belongs there.  We are driving to Tucson and then Gilbert, AZ on Monday.  Soon I hope to make this trip by air in our own airplane.