Monday, June 30, 2014

Continue to Tweek and Adjust

I went flying today.  I stayed in the pattern and did 4 touch-and-goes.  Also, before going up I updated the FAA data base.  During the run-up the left EGT began going crazy.  It would jump from the same temp as the right EGT to off the scale and a RED X would overlay the widget, then it would instantaneously come back to normal.  After the run up it was normal again.  I took off and flew and all was good.  When I got back and shut down the dreaded RED X came back on.  At that point I upgraded the SkyView software to Version 10.  After the upgrade the EMS page had showed a CANOPY OPEN with a big RED dot.  Tom Driscoll told me after he upgraded to Version 10 the EMS page was different.  Because I had already run into this situation when I upgraded to Version 7 I had the download from the Dynon Forum to put the Vans EMS setting back on the SkyView.  I uploaded that file and the EMS page is back to the way it was before the upgrade.  I can always upgrade to the CANOPY OPEN EMS page if I decide to install the canopy latch switch.   I did some checking on the Dynon Forum for the EGT problem and decided it is most likely a connector crimp that is the problem.  I checked the connections and even relocated them in the engine compartment.  I replaced one of the female spade connectors because one came off while I was checking them.  We will see what happens tomorrow when I go out to fly.

I decided to start installing the fairings on the steps and main gear legs.  I need to install the pants and put the fairings on the main gear pants.