Friday, July 12, 2013

Hangar Party

To celebrate the new hangar Arlene organized a hanger party for the family.  Those who were invited and came - Kerri and Grant and their 3-kids, Shelly and us.  We had sandwiches, chips, soft drinks and a vegetable tray.  A good time was had by all.  In the afternoons the sun shines into the hangar if the doors are open so we kept the opening small.  I set up a fan and it was OK inside.  A little warm, but tolerable.  The kids took a lot of pictures.  I will post a few of them.
The boys helped me remove the canopy.  The upper fuselage skin was torn on the side from the canopy being opened after we moved the fuselage inside last week.  I removed the skin and began to drill out the rivets holding the instrument panel attach angles.  I will order a new upper skin from Vans and replace this one.  All in all, it was a good time.  Mike Cosman, a fellow EAA'er in Chapter 23 came by with a friend and one of his grandsons.  It was like having the home teachers stop by.  We visited and he showed his group the airplane.  He said some very nice things about Van and his designs.  I plan to start working on the airplane in earnest next week.