Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Main Gear Tubes and Tires

This afternoon I disassembled the main gear wheels and installed the tubes and tires.  After taking the wheel sections apart and removing the axels and bearings I dusted the inside of the tire and dusted the tubes with talc powder.  I inserted the tubes in the tires and then assembled the wheel halves, bearing careful not to pinch the tubes between them.
I inflated and deflated each tire several times after removing the valve cores.  I reinstalled the valve cores and inflated each tire to 28 lbs.  I will pack the bearings and install them in the wheels in the next day or so.
I reattached the disk brake assemble to each wheel.  My next effort will be to fix some minor blemishes I have discovered on the instrument panel and then install the gear legs.