Thursday, July 19, 2012

Install Right Main Gear Leg

This afternoon we (Wade is here for a few more days) installed the right gear leg.  We installed the brake line fittings to both of the outboard main gear attach brackets.  I used some of the Loctite 567 high temp thread seal.  We coated the wear plates as indicated in the drawings.  We then installed the outboard main gear attach bracket on the right side of the airframe.  I was unable to slide the gear leg in place.  
Because of the things I have read concerning the installation of the landing gear I decided to go to Home Depot and purchased some 5/16x3 bolts and nuts.  I used the 3" bolts to install the outboard main gear attach bracket.  I used the longer bolts so the bracket would be down far enough to allow the gear leg to slide into place.  It worked really well.  We installed the bolts and inboard bracket.