Thursday, July 26, 2012

Completed Miscellaneous Items

This afternoon I completed some things that have been left undone.  I started by installing the brake lines.  It was pretty interesting to bend the ¼" aluminum tubing to route it from the connection on the outboard gear connection bracket to the disk brake caliper on each of the main gear wheels.  I was able to tighten the fluid fitting on the aluminum tubing.  I still need to tighten the fluid fitting connecting the poly brake line to the bracket.  I need to purchase a stubby 7/16 wrench so I can tighten that fitting.
I split the plastic tubes and installed them on the brake lines with wire ties.
I installed the steps on each side of the fuselage.
I attached the fuel sender wire (orange/brown) to the sending unit on the fuel tank.  I also installed a ring connector to the ground wire on the fuel tank and attached it to the airframe.  I used the Adel clamp bolt which holds the electrical conduit in the cross channel.  
I also attached the VHF and transponder antennas to the bottom of the fuselage.