Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Flaperon Pushrods and Flap Handle Tube

This evening I installed the bolts attaching the flaperon pushrods to the torque arms.  It was not as straightforward as I had hoped.  I had to use the close quarters angle drill to ream out the holes in the torque arms.  They are powder coated and the powder coating was in the holes.  I was able to ream the holes so the bolts would go through.  I also had to use a small file to clear away a small distortion between the forks on the right torque arm.  The bearing would not seat between the forks properly, but after some work with a file I got everything to line up.  After that I was able to install the bolts, washers and nuts without too much trouble.

 
After attaching the pushrods to the torque arms I started to work on the flap handle tube.  I separated the parts for the fork end and installed them on the end of the tube.  I cut the tube to length and after using the Scotch Brite wheel on the end of the tube I was able to push the flap button onto the end of the tube.  I slid the tube into the flap handle to see if it looked like it would fit.  It looks fine.