Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Flap Detent Bracket and Assembly

 
This evening I worked on assembling the flap bracket and flap handle.  I separated the angles and bracket parts as shown.  I deburred all of the edges and put the detent bracket assembly together.
 
 
I put the detent bracket through the flap handle and attached it to the seat floor with correct screws.  I installed a .025" spacer as shown.  After everything was in place I discovered the flap button was recessed too far into the flap handle.   
I disassembled everything and moved the button about 1/8" then re-drilled and re-riveted it in place.
 
After the flap handle was reinstalled I started to work on the flaperon torque tubes.  I cut the spacer blocks to length and inserted them into one of the torque tubes.  I used a scrap of 1/8" angle to make sure the space between the blocks was as required.  I need to purchase some epoxy so I can glue and rivet the spacer blocks into the ends of the torque tubes.