Monday, December 3, 2012

Intake Manifolds, Wiring and Fluid Tank and Hose Removal

Today I started taking components off of the top of the engine.  I removed the wiring harness clamps and reattached the harness with a new bolt and spacer.  
I removed the back cover over the fly wheel and checked the trip coils.  I removed 1-spark plug per cylinder and used a broom handle to turn the engine to check the coil spaces.   I determined they are fine from the factory. I re-installed the back cover. 
I removed the intake manifolds and taped the openings in the cylinders.  I also removed the wiring harness and ignition module.   It didn't come off like the drawings showed, but I was able to remove it.   I flipped the manifolds, hoses and wires up over the gear box.
After lifting manifolds and hoses I was able to remove the fluid tank and hoses.  I also marked and rotated the ignition module mounting bracket as instructed.