Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Center Panel, Swap Pins and Start Pants Install

Today I worked on some miscellaneous things.  I final glued the carbon vinyl wrap to the bottom edge of the center panel.  It has come loose.  
I then reinstalled the center panel.  It looks acceptable to me this time.
I also swapped the pins in the "Optional" D-sub connector where it attaches to the control module.  Using the proper tool I removed pins 3 & 4 and reinserted them in reverse order.  This is due to a software change in the  4.0 firmware of the Skyview download.  I have yet to download and install the software, but I decided to swap the pins now.
I then turned my attention to the left main gear fairing.  I clecoed the aft portion of the fairing in place.  It seemed to be too tight around the gear leg.  I checked my measurements and somehow I did not remove enough material. 
 I removed some additional material to the rear and top of the opening.  I reattached it to the bracket and it fits well.  I also needed to remove a small amount of material from the forward fairing to make it fit properly.