Friday, August 31, 2012

Install Seat Harnesses and Upholstery

I decided to install the seat belts and upholstery.  I started by installing the pilot side seat belts.  It was fun to be working on the airplane again.  I have set a goal to be finished by the end of March 2013.  I installed the pilot side first.  
I installed the lap belt sections, then the crotch strap and then the shoulder harness.
I then began installing the upholstery.  I installed the pilot floor carpet and the forward side above the floor.  I then installed the pilot side panels.  It all fits very well.  I think it looks good.
Next I installed the same sections of upholstery on the co-pilot side.
There is a bit of fitting, tugging and tucking that needs to be done, but that can come later.  
I then put the upholstery on the rear baggage bulkhead and over the fuel tank and floor.  These sections are just laying in place until I install the floor cover plates.  At that point I can install the Velcro strips.  I will work on the floor cover plate installation and complete the upholstery next time.