Thursday, March 24, 2011

Interior Paint and Spar Pins

This evening I repainted the inside surface of the air vents.  I had originally painted them grey, but with the interior finishes grey does not work.  I repainted them with the new beige color I have selected to go with the upholstery and vinyl trim.  I think they turned out great.
 
I finished the assembly of the spar pins.  Afterwards I removed the pin stoppers and springs and used a Scotch Brite pad to prep the pin stopper tubes and the ends of the spar pins for primer.  I masked off the portion of the spar pins that will inserted into the spar bushings.  I them primed the stopper tubes and the ends of the spar pins.  I think I will paint this portion of the pins and tubes with black Hammer Tone paint to match the instrument panel.