Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Finish Blast Tube Relocation

Today I finished the installation of the blast tube.  The epoxy resin cured overnight so I took the lower cowl out to the hangar.  I took a picture of the airplane with the lower and upper cowls off.
I installed the lower cowl making sure the oil cooler lined up correctly and the control for the oil cooler shutter was inserted into the guide tube running through the cooling duct.  I bolted the oil cooler shutter in place along with the oil cooler.  I hooked up the controls to the oil cooler shutter and the duct damper door.  I inserted the end of the blast tube into the fitting and tightened the screw clamp.  I also clamped the scat tube to the lower cowl opening.  Everything went together just as it was supposed to.  I moved the airplane out onto the apron and started the engine.  It started and ran fine.  I put the top cowling on and went up for a test flight.  It went well.