Friday, January 23, 2015

Fly to Wendover

This morning I fueled the airplane with 10 gallons of premium and took off for Wendover.  I climbed to 5900’ as I departed the cross wind leg from runway 34.  As I flew over Magna I uploaded a flight plan and engaged the autopilot in the HSI & ALT mode.  As I flew over the Salt Air Resort I started my climb to 7500’.  As I arrived over the evaporation ponds north of Grantsville I climbed to 8500’.  I flew to Wendover over the Bonneville VOR.  I landed in Wendover and parked on the ramp. 
There were 4-other RV’s parked there.  An RV-7, an RV-6, and RV-8 and an RV-7A. There was also a Cessna 152 which had taken off from South Valley Regional about 20 minutes before I did.  I went inside and purchased an Historic Wendover Airfield cap.  I then got back into the RV-12 and flew back to South Valley Regional.  My trip out took 1.2 hours.  My flight back was 1.1 hours.  It was a great day to be in the air.  Upon my return and purchased another 10 gallons of fuel and put it in the tank.  As I finished fueling the Cessna 152 I followed to Wendover entered the pattern and landed.  It is a small world.  I hope to go up again next week.