Monday, March 19, 2012

Shape Canopy Foam Blocks

 
This evening I glued a piece of 80 grit sand paper to an 18" long piece of 1x4 and sanded the foam canopy blocks.  By using a piece of 1x4 it is easier to shape the blocks to the profile of the fuselage.
 
I wiped and vacuumed the dust from the fuselage and surrounding areas.  Next I taped the right fuselage masking guide in place and put a layer of red electrical tape on the canopy and fuselage skirt.  I then moved to the left side and repeated the process.
 
I then put red electrical tape over the forward canopy to connect the 2-sides together.  Next I put masking on the canopy over the red electrical tape.  I will need to mask the fuselage sides and rough up the Plexiglas canopy and aluminum skirt.  I will then be ready to start the fiberglass.  I hope to be able to put the fiberglass on the support arms by Friday.