Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wing Kit Arrives

The wings arrived on FEDEX Freight this afternoon at about 4:00 pm. I unloaded the crates with the fork lift. I rolled the work table out and put the crates on top of the table and then rolled them into the shop.


I began to open the crates and remove the packing material.  Van's does an excellent job of packing these parts into the smallest space without causing damage to the parts themselves. 
The long box contained the main wing spars, caps, etc.  The main spars are numbered.  I have spar no's 12-630-R and 12-585-L.  They are standing in the corner of the shop until I start assembly.

I ordered the light kit with the wing.  All of the parts for the light kit have been inventoried.
 
I ordered the light kit with the wing.  All of the parts for the light kit have been inventoried.

I have now inventoried all of the sub kits and I will inventory the hardware bags tomorrow.