Thursday, June 10, 2010

Fuselage Kit Ordered

Today I sent in my order for the fuselage kit. I called Van's and asked about the AP-74 servo brackets. I am planning to install the optional auto pilot. Even though the kit is designed to be a retro-fit, I would like to install the brackets while I am building the fuselage. I was told by Joe that the brackets are now shipped with the fuselage kit. I will just need to inform Van's when I order the AP-74 that I already have the brackets installed so they will not need to ship them with the auto pilot kit.

Now I start the 15 week count down for the fuselage kit to ship. The wing kit is supposed to ship next week so I can start building again.

A month or so after the wing kit arrives I will hold an RV-Group meeting in the shop so the local RV people can see an RV-12 build up close.